Sonia Martinez started blogging in August 2006. She authored a cookbook, “Tropical Taste,” which largely compiled recipes that appeared in the Hamakua Times. With Sonia Tastes Hawaii, she aims to “share my world of food, gardening and cookbooks with you.” She brings her Cuban culinary heritage and knowledge of Hawaii produce and products together in her photo-rich blog, which covers food, farm, and community events on the east side of Big Island, as well as home kitchen-tested recipe reviews.
- Tasting my way at the 19th Annual Taste of the Hawaiian Range (September 30, 2014)
- Stretching Meals: Chicken Enchiladas & Chicken Stir Fry (August 30, 2014)
- There'll Soon Be a Rainbow...♪ ♫ ♪♪ (July 29, 2014)
- A glimpse into the world of Aaron Paul Lazar, author - Part 4 (July 24, 2014)
- A glimpse into the world of Aaron Paul Lazar, author - Part 3 (July 22, 2014)