Sonia Martinez started blogging in August 2006. She authored a cookbook, “Tropical Taste,” which largely compiled recipes that appeared in the Hamakua Times. With Sonia Tastes Hawaii, she aims to “share my world of food, gardening and cookbooks with you.” She brings her Cuban culinary heritage and knowledge of Hawaii produce and products together in her photo-rich blog, which covers food, farm, and community events on the east side of Big Island, as well as home kitchen-tested recipe reviews.
- We're in line for a double whammy! (August 31, 2016)
- The dog days of summer (August 22, 2016)
- Demo at the Kino'ole Farmers Market - Chilled Avocado Soup (August 16, 2016)
- An interview... This was fun! (August 4, 2016)
- Summer Day Kolekole Picnic (July 17, 2016)