Sonia Martinez started blogging in August 2006. She authored a cookbook, “Tropical Taste,” which largely compiled recipes that appeared in the Hamakua Times. With Sonia Tastes Hawaii, she aims to “share my world of food, gardening and cookbooks with you.” She brings her Cuban culinary heritage and knowledge of Hawaii produce and products together in her photo-rich blog, which covers food, farm, and community events on the east side of Big Island, as well as home kitchen-tested recipe reviews.
- "Collecting Mail Boxes" (November 27, 2013)
- The Hawai'i Honey Festival (November 26, 2013)
- 1st Annual Liliko'i Festival & Winning Sauces, Dressings & Preserves CC Recipes- (November 6, 2013)
- 1st Annual Liliko'i Festival & Winning Main Dish/Soups, Salads, Entrée CC Recipes- (November 5, 2013)
- The 1st Annual Liliko'i Festival & Winning CC Dessert Recipes (November 3, 2013)