Pomai has been blogging about food since June 2006, when he launched The Tasty Island after a particularly passionate conversation about Hawaii’s best hot dog on HawaiiThreads. The first entry, originally posted to a WordPress blog, tackled the “andadog,” in which hot dogs and andagi collide. The rest is history. Pomai rates restaurants and dishes using a “Spam musubi rating system,” assigning each a “Musubi Grade” from one (average) to five (“Broke Da’ Mout”). He moved to his own site in October 2009. You can follow Pomai on Twitter at @tastyisland808.
- Vegas ’60s: Nalani Kele and her Polynesian Revue (February 13, 2019)
- First look: Liko’s Tap & Table (February 12, 2019)
- Celebrate National Pizza Day! (February 10, 2019)
- Coverage: 3rd Annual Lokahi Festival (February 7, 2019)
- Special Activities for February thru March 2019 at the Halekulani (February 7, 2019)