Pomai has been blogging about food since June 2006, when he launched The Tasty Island after a particularly passionate conversation about Hawaii’s best hot dog on HawaiiThreads. The first entry, originally posted to a WordPress blog, tackled the “andadog,” in which hot dogs and andagi collide. The rest is history. Pomai rates restaurants and dishes using a “Spam musubi rating system,” assigning each a “Musubi Grade” from one (average) to five (“Broke Da’ Mout”). He moved to his own site in October 2009. You can follow Pomai on Twitter at @tastyisland808.
- Krazy Kitchen’s July ’16 Specials (July 10, 2016)
- Grindz of the Day: Happy Garden, Sing Cheong Yuan and Naty’s Filipino Kitchen (July 4, 2016)
- Shirokiya Japan Village Walk Grand Opening (June 27, 2016)
- Pier 21 Lunchroom Hana Hou (June 25, 2016)
- 100th Annual King Kamehameha Day Parade (June 21, 2016)