Pomai has been blogging about food since June 2006, when he launched The Tasty Island after a particularly passionate conversation about Hawaii’s best hot dog on HawaiiThreads. The first entry, originally posted to a WordPress blog, tackled the “andadog,” in which hot dogs and andagi collide. The rest is history. Pomai rates restaurants and dishes using a “Spam musubi rating system,” assigning each a “Musubi Grade” from one (average) to five (“Broke Da’ Mout”). He moved to his own site in October 2009. You can follow Pomai on Twitter at @tastyisland808.
- Catch of the Day: Roi, Kole, Uhu, Menpachi, Kala, To’au, Knifejaw & Broomfish (February 18, 2017)
- Review: Tiki Bar Candy (February 15, 2017)
- First Byte: Jersey Mike’s Subs (February 11, 2017)
- Coverage: 2017 Punahou Carnival (February 7, 2017)
- Review: Taco Bell’s Naked Chicken Chalupa (February 2, 2017)