Pomai has been blogging about food since June 2006, when he launched The Tasty Island after a particularly passionate conversation about Hawaii’s best hot dog on HawaiiThreads. The first entry, originally posted to a WordPress blog, tackled the “andadog,” in which hot dogs and andagi collide. The rest is history. Pomai rates restaurants and dishes using a “Spam musubi rating system,” assigning each a “Musubi Grade” from one (average) to five (“Broke Da’ Mout”). He moved to his own site in October 2009. You can follow Pomai on Twitter at @tastyisland808.
- Kokonut Wireless: Zunda Saryo, Italian “Food Bank”, Nanding’s & Alicia’s (August 5, 2016)
- Diner EB’s Aloha ‘Oe Potluck Luncheon (July 30, 2016)
- Iwilei Eats: New Eagle Cafe (July 28, 2016)
- Grindz of the Day: Domo, Krazy’s, Panda E’s, Duke’s and Diamond Bakery (July 23, 2016)
- Grindz of the Day: Ahi & Vegetable, L&L, Pier 21 & Zippy’s (July 17, 2016)