Pomai has been blogging about food since June 2006, when he launched The Tasty Island after a particularly passionate conversation about Hawaii’s best hot dog on HawaiiThreads. The first entry, originally posted to a WordPress blog, tackled the “andadog,” in which hot dogs and andagi collide. The rest is history. Pomai rates restaurants and dishes using a “Spam musubi rating system,” assigning each a “Musubi Grade” from one (average) to five (“Broke Da’ Mout”). He moved to his own site in October 2009. You can follow Pomai on Twitter at @tastyisland808.
- The Pizza Press celebrates grand opening in Pearl City (December 15, 2018)
- Ed & Don’s re-enters retail with Aloha Shirt Chocolates (December 12, 2018)
- Halekulani special events for December 2018 (December 11, 2018)
- Review: Jack in the Box Pannidos (December 9, 2018)
- Coverage: SantaCon Honolulu 2018 (December 4, 2018)