Pomai has been blogging about food since June 2006, when he launched The Tasty Island after a particularly passionate conversation about Hawaii’s best hot dog on HawaiiThreads. The first entry, originally posted to a WordPress blog, tackled the “andadog,” in which hot dogs and andagi collide. The rest is history. Pomai rates restaurants and dishes using a “Spam musubi rating system,” assigning each a “Musubi Grade” from one (average) to five (“Broke Da’ Mout”). He moved to his own site in October 2009. You can follow Pomai on Twitter at @tastyisland808.
- Yelp’s Taco Tuesday at Chronic Tacos Mexican Grill (February 19, 2018)
- Mimetic Architecture in Hawaii (February 16, 2018)
- Jamba Juice Hawaii introduces Pomegranate “superfood” lineup (February 14, 2018)
- Honolulu Cookie Company celebrates grand reopening at Waikiki Beach Walk (February 8, 2018)
- Kula & Kō Confectionery Pineapple Cakebars (February 2, 2018)