Hilo-born Crystal “Pikko” Watanabe became passionate about the bento in April 2007, in the midst of a weight loss project. She lost over 22 pounds, and in the mean time kicked off a long-running bentomaking obsession. In addition to her blog, she co-authored a book on bentos titled “Yum-Yum Bento Box.” You can follower her on Twitter at @pikko.
- EVENT: Cheese Drawing and Cute Sandwich Tutorial at Kaimuki Public Library (July 13, 2017)
- Cheesy Lion Bento (June 13, 2017)
- Announcing Yum-Yum Bento Box All Year Round (September 8, 2016)
- Ramen at Home (June 20, 2016)
- Homemade Takuan, Take 1 (April 16, 2016)