Sonia Martinez started blogging in August 2006. She authored a cookbook, “Tropical Taste,” which largely compiled recipes that appeared in the Hamakua Times. With Sonia Tastes Hawaii, she aims to “share my world of food, gardening and cookbooks with you.” She brings her Cuban culinary heritage and knowledge of Hawaii produce and products together in her photo-rich blog, which covers food, farm, and community events on the east side of Big Island, as well as home kitchen-tested recipe reviews.
- Aloha 'Oe, Hawaii... (October 24, 2020)
- Reminiscing... The Akaka Falls Inn... (part 2 of 2) (July 23, 2020)
- Reminiscing...The Akaka Falls Inn & Cooking School - part 1 of 2 (July 22, 2020)
- A Tea Party memory of long ago... (May 10, 2020)
- Heat and repeat?..Not in this house! ...the times, they are changing...continued... (April 16, 2020)