Pomai has been blogging about food since June 2006, when he launched The Tasty Island after a particularly passionate conversation about Hawaii’s best hot dog on HawaiiThreads. The first entry, originally posted to a WordPress blog, tackled the “andadog,” in which hot dogs and andagi collide. The rest is history. Pomai rates restaurants and dishes using a “Spam musubi rating system,” assigning each a “Musubi Grade” from one (average) to five (“Broke Da’ Mout”). He moved to his own site in October 2009. You can follow Pomai on Twitter at @tastyisland808.
- Aloha ‘oe Ron’s Performance Center (October 13, 2019)
- Nine tasty new dishes at Top of Waikiki (October 12, 2019)
- Coverage: 2019 Hawaii Rice Fest (October 6, 2019)
- Coconut Wireless: Hawaii best-paying state for chefs & head cooks (September 30, 2019)
- Coverage: 2019 Rainbow Buying Spree (September 26, 2019)