Pomai has been blogging about food since June 2006, when he launched The Tasty Island after a particularly passionate conversation about Hawaii’s best hot dog on HawaiiThreads. The first entry, originally posted to a WordPress blog, tackled the “andadog,” in which hot dogs and andagi collide. The rest is history. Pomai rates restaurants and dishes using a “Spam musubi rating system,” assigning each a “Musubi Grade” from one (average) to five (“Broke Da’ Mout”). He moved to his own site in October 2009. You can follow Pomai on Twitter at @tastyisland808.
- Aloha ‘oe Mai Tai Bar, e komo mai Makai Bar (March 26, 2020)
- Little Joe’s Steakhouse celebrates grand opening today next to Liliha Bakery Nimitz (March 13, 2020)
- Bogart’s Café dishes up new dinner service (March 9, 2020)
- Waikiki Food Hall to open March 7th at Royal Hawaiian Center (March 6, 2020)
- Maui Tea Farms, Tea Chest Hawaii and Orchids Halekulani come together for debut of rare Haleakala Tea (December 23, 2019)