Pomai has been blogging about food since June 2006, when he launched The Tasty Island after a particularly passionate conversation about Hawaii’s best hot dog on HawaiiThreads. The first entry, originally posted to a WordPress blog, tackled the “andadog,” in which hot dogs and andagi collide. The rest is history. Pomai rates restaurants and dishes using a “Spam musubi rating system,” assigning each a “Musubi Grade” from one (average) to five (“Broke Da’ Mout”). He moved to his own site in October 2009. You can follow Pomai on Twitter at @tastyisland808.
- First Byte: Sweet E’s Cafe (June 17, 2019)
- Filipino Food Week June 9th to 15th (June 9, 2019)
- Product Review: Snapdragon Premium Rice Noodle Soups (June 8, 2019)
- First Byte: Ma’ona Musubi (June 2, 2019)
- Puka Eggs Waimanalo (June 1, 2019)