Pomai has been blogging about food since June 2006, when he launched The Tasty Island after a particularly passionate conversation about Hawaii’s best hot dog on HawaiiThreads. The first entry, originally posted to a WordPress blog, tackled the “andadog,” in which hot dogs and andagi collide. The rest is history. Pomai rates restaurants and dishes using a “Spam musubi rating system,” assigning each a “Musubi Grade” from one (average) to five (“Broke Da’ Mout”). He moved to his own site in October 2009. You can follow Pomai on Twitter at @tastyisland808.
- Coverage: Comic Con Honolulu 2019 cosplayers (August 5, 2019)
- Coverage: Halekulani Okinawa opening celebration (July 26, 2019)
- Grindz of the Day: Iyasume, Haus, L&L, Kozo, This Is It and Doraku (July 25, 2019)
- Grindz of the Day: Hualalai Coffee, Butadon, Pomai’s Kitchen and Da’ Manapua Man (July 18, 2019)
- Pop-up Dinner with Mama Chang @ Wang’s (July 14, 2019)