Pomai has been blogging about food since June 2006, when he launched The Tasty Island after a particularly passionate conversation about Hawaii’s best hot dog on HawaiiThreads. The first entry, originally posted to a WordPress blog, tackled the “andadog,” in which hot dogs and andagi collide. The rest is history. Pomai rates restaurants and dishes using a “Spam musubi rating system,” assigning each a “Musubi Grade” from one (average) to five (“Broke Da’ Mout”). He moved to his own site in October 2009. You can follow Pomai on Twitter at @tastyisland808.
- Buzz’s Original Steak House in Lanikai closing indefinately (September 22, 2020)
- Covid-19 pandemic continues taking its toll on numerous restaurants and bars in Hawaii (September 14, 2020)
- Covid-19 Hawaii restaurant & bar business closures continue: Artizen by MW (September 2, 2020)
- Grindz of the Day: Ahi Katsu, Fresh Shoyu Ahi Poke, Beef Broccoli Cake Noodle, and “Da Kine”… (September 2, 2020)
- Aloha ‘oe Mai Tai Bar, e komo mai Makai Bar (March 26, 2020)