Pomai has been blogging about food since June 2006, when he launched The Tasty Island after a particularly passionate conversation about Hawaii’s best hot dog on HawaiiThreads. The first entry, originally posted to a WordPress blog, tackled the “andadog,” in which hot dogs and andagi collide. The rest is history. Pomai rates restaurants and dishes using a “Spam musubi rating system,” assigning each a “Musubi Grade” from one (average) to five (“Broke Da’ Mout”). He moved to his own site in October 2009. You can follow Pomai on Twitter at @tastyisland808.
- Maui Tea Farms, Tea Chest Hawaii and Orchids Halekulani come together for debut of rare Haleakala Tea (December 23, 2019)
- Wang Chung’s new comics themed menu: Local Drag Queen Superheroes (December 19, 2019)
- Royal Hawaiian Center announces plans for Waikiki Food Hall (December 13, 2019)
- Mahaloha Burger @ Royal Hawaiian Center goes Beyond with beer and wine offerings (November 18, 2019)
- Coverage: Halloween in Waikiki 2019 (November 3, 2019)