Two of Japanâ€™s elite chefs are headed to Honolulu, offering a week of superior dining featuring signature Japanese-Peruvian fare and Haute-Chinese cuisine. Chef Nobu Matsuhisa is returning to his Hawaii flagship restaurant, Nobu Waikiki, with friend and acclaimed culinary master Chef Yuji Wakiya, from April 20â€“24, 2011.
On Thursday, April 21, 2011, chefs Nobu and Wakiya will partner with Halekulaniâ€™s executive chef, Vikram Garg, in the beneficiary culinary event, â€œFor Japan,â€ which sold out in mere hours of its announcement. On Friday, April 22 and Saturday, April 23, chefs Nobu and Wakiya will return to the kitchen of Nobu Waikiki to offer an exclusive collaborative omakase at $150 per person.
Chef cookbooks will also be available for purchase and personal autographs. Reservations strongly recommended at (808) 237-6999 or at Open Table.
The Nobu and Wakiya “Collaboration Omakase” features:
First Course (â€œSpring Flavor Trioâ€)
- Vegetable and New Zealand King Salmon Harumaki
- Vegetable-flavored Chicken with Matsubagushi
- Endive with Tofu Dipping Sauce
Second Course (“Nobu Duo”)
- Lightly Seared Sagoshi (Baby Spanish Mackerel) with Micro Mizuna & Matsuhisa Dressing
- Daikon-wrapped Tai with Uni and Ponzu Gelee with Caviar
- Braised Big Island Abalone and White Asparagus, Harmony of Green Sansho and Yuba
- SautÃ©ed Hawaiian Whitefish, Baby Spinach Salad with Dry Miso and Ginan Sauce
- Lotus Leaf-wrapped Wagyu Beef Tenderloin with Yuzu Miso
- Sushi & Miso Soup
- Hokusetsu Sake Kasu with Fruit Pudding
- Espresso Brulee Ice Cream, Lilikoi Foam, Milk Chocolate & Vanilla Salt
Cocktails from the East ($12 each)
Designed by Dave Newman, Nobu Waikiki Bar Manager
- â€˜Sado Blossomâ€™ -Â Nobu sorbet with Nobu Soju, hibiscus-infused simple syrup, yuzu juice shisho leaf and mint.
- â€˜British Raj’ -Â Bombay sapphire gin, kafir limeade juice, topped with sweet curry and apricot infusion.
- â€˜Forbidden City’ -Â Hanger One Mandarin vodka, Chinese black tea, ginseng and touch of simple syrup