After a temporary closure, the popular Japanese French restaurant will offer and a new elevated Take-Away Menu, along with stringent new cleaning and social distancing standards
Mugen (pronounced moo-gen) is ready to reopen its doors today, August 18, resuming its unique approach to carefully curated, high-quality dishes while introducing a thoughtful new approach to health and safety protocols.
- Mugen will only be offering its new takeaway menu; no dine-in services at this time.
- Mugen is also introducing a weekly bento. Limited quantities will be available.
â€œIn the wake of COVID-19 the restaurant dining experience is a little different, but Mugen diners can rest assured knowing that their health is our priority,â€ said Chef Jason Yamaguchi. â€œThe staff at the restaurant have always been committed to delivering unparalleled service and full privacy to diners, and they will continue to do so with new precautions weâ€™ve introduced to help mitigate the risk of COVID-19.â€
The restaurant has implemented more than 30 new precautionary standards, including the installation of thermal scanners for all who enter the building. In addition:
- All employees will undergo a temperature screening before the start of their shift
- All employees are required to wear a mask
- Hand sanitizer is provided for guests and employees throughout the restaurant
- Seating has been reconfigured and tables are spaced at least 6 feet apart
- Proper physical distancing is managed with floor markers and signage
- Tables and chairs are sanitized between every seating
- All menus are one-time-use
- Covers are used for all food items leaving the kitchen
- Stricter cleaning guidelines are in place using CDC-approved cleaning agents
- High-touch areas such as doorknobs, restrooms, and workstations are sanitized hourly
- Diners will be required to take a temperature test before entering
- Diners are required to wear masks upon arrival and when away from their tables
- Dining groups are limited to a maximum of ten individuals per group
In addition to these special precautions, Mugen will be introducing a new Take-Away Menu featuring 12 of its most popular starters, mains, sides, and desserts, priced between $10 – $65 per item. Options include Kona Abalone Don, Parisienne Gnocchi, and Bouillabaisse, among others.
Mugen (pronounced Moog-in), located at ESPACIO â€“ The Jewel of Waikiki, is a Japanese French dining concept that is elevating Hawaiiâ€™s status as a destination for culinary travel.The brainchild of Chef Jason Yamaguchi, Mugen provides countless opportunities for an unmatched culinary experience, including a celebrated beverage program. In addition to the carefully curated fine dining menu, diners will find a rare collection of wines, spirits, and beers, many exclusive to the restaurant.